4 Easy Ways to Make Your Shower Doors Sparkle
When it comes to bathroom cleaning, the shower doors play a crucial role in reflecting the level of cleanliness. You often face challenges like soap scum, water spots, smudges and streaks when you clean the glass shower door and the framing.
Moreover, the growth of mildew and mould make the cleaning task of the shower door extremely difficult. But there are some useful and simple solutions to get rid of these issues much quicker and without using expensive and chemical-based products.
Assigning the task to a reliable end of lease cleaning company in Melbourne
is by far the best option, but you can also take care of the entire cleaning procedure. Here is a list of smart ways to keep your shower doors sparkle.
Clean Shower Doors Using Vinegar
Vinegar is something that we can easily find in our kitchen cupboard. This is extremely useful for cleaning shower doors. Even in a few weeks, things like water spots and soap scum can turn a clean shower door into a dotted mess.
Apply white vinegar
on the glass using a spray bottle and then wipe-down the area with a damp sponge. It’s a fabulous way to clean the shower door without using harsh chemicals. If you feel the smell of white vinegar is a bit strong, you can dilute the solution by pouring water proportionally into a spray bottle.
Then shake it well to mix properly. Squirt the solution and cover both sides of the shower door properly and allow it to settle for around 25 to 30 minutes. At last, wipe down the gates with a clean and damp sponge.
Clean Shower Doors Using Baking Soda
Using baking soda is an excellent non-toxic way not only to clean the shower doors but also to detoxify your home
. All you need to do is to wet your sponge, add the paste of baking soda on it and clean the surface.
This fantastic ingredient breaks down soap scum quite easily. You can also increase the quantity of the paste as per your requirement. Once you are done with the scrubbing, rinse the door with water, and you will see the shine you want.
In case you want, add a few drops of citrus essential oil for the aroma and as an extra purifier. This will further help the shower doors to sparkle and deodorises at the same time! You can try orange or lemon essential oil
Clean Shower Doors Using Lemon and Salt
Lemon is another excellent natural ingredient to clean the shower door. Numerous companies are coming out with this fantastic ingredient in their cleaning products as it works in three ways – cleaning the bacteria, getting rid of the stubborn marks and dirt and add a fragrance of freshness.
The combination of lemons and salt is a magical combination, and you must try this option before using chemical based products. Take half a lemon and dip it in salt before scrubbing it on the shower door. Once you are done with the cleaning, rinse the door with water and see the change.
You might run out of time during the moving process, and as a result, the extensive cleaning could get neglect. In this situation, hiring an end of lease cleaning company in Melbourne would be the best idea.
Clean Shower Doors Using Ammonia
Commercial cleaning products to remove soap scum and other unpleasant marks on shower door are expensive. So, if you are looking for an ingredient that can clean the shower door on a budget, go for ammonia.
It is a powerful cleaner and can be easily combined with various household items to prepare a strong shower cleaner. In a spray bottle, take 1 part ammonia and mix it well with three parts of water.
Once the mixture is ready, spread it on the surface and then use a coarse scrub brush to get rid of the soap scum. After that, rinse the surface properly and let all of the ammonia solutions get washed thoroughly. Finally, dry it completely.
What Else You Can Do To Keep the Shower Door Clean
You can also try following tricks to keep your shower glass clean:
- Keep a permanent spray bottle in one of the shelf of the shower with any of the solution mentioned above in it. Use it quickly after every use. The already-running water on the glass is a bonus as you can use it to rinse the glass.
- Instead of a bar of soap, use a liquid body wash. This type of soap is easy to rinse as it is more diluted in comparison to hard soap. Also, its combination with hard water is also different than the solid soap.
- If you want to keep the shower door clean, try to avoid oily products like the special conditioners. And after using them (if you have to), be more careful about cleaning your shower.
- It is an excellent habit to dry the shower whenever you use it. This makes the cleaning task of the shower door much more manageable. Also, try to keep an old towel handy with you to clean the water from the shower walls.
- Leave the shower door open after every time you take a shower to encourage airflow. This is very important as it dries up atmosphere quickly and as a result, you can expect fewer water spots. You should also search for different ways to soften your hard water.
A neat and clean glass shower door exemplifies the modern elegance in your stylish bathroom. But as it continually gets expose to moisture and soap scum, things like mineral deposits and unsightly grime can quickly build up.
If you find your shower door little foggy and full of annoying dots, try any of the ways mentioned above. For professional cleaning, contact bond cleaning company in Melbourne as they have proper tools and products