There are a few things that accumulate dirt and dust much faster in comparison to others. And thus, these things can diminish the appearance of your entire house. People often opt for end of lease cleaning in Melbourne to accomplish the house maintenance tasks as they have experienced cleaners and advanced equipment.
However, if you want to do it on your own, you might require a little cleaning guidance. Here are some house maintenance tasks you should never forget. Have a look!
1. Clean Your Oven Frequently
People use the oven almost regularly but often neglect its cleaning. They overlook the fact that a dirty oven can cause a lot of problems. The spills, grime and grease constantly burn, which lead to an increase in the cooking time and also affect the flavour of the food.
Thus, you should clean it once in 10 to 15 days. Numerous commercial cleaners are available in the market, but they contain harmful chemicals. Hence, you should opt for basic household ingredients like baking soda, vinegar and salt for cleaning the house.
- Take out the racks of the oven and dip them in warm, soapy water.
- Mix baking soda with water to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste inside the oven surface evenly and leave it overnight.
- Next morning, take a wet cloth and wipe off the surface gently to remove grease and spills.
- Then spray vinegar and water solution on the surface and again wipe off with a clean cloth.
- At last brush off the dirt from the racks and rinse it properly. Place them inside the oven.
2. Maintain Your Carpets
Carpets accumulate dirt and dust quickly. Moreover, they are also subjected to accumulation of pet hair and occasional spills. So, it is essential to clean them once or twice every month. Due to its delicate surface, people find it quite challenging to clean it, and thus they hire professional end of lease cleaners in Melbourne.
The experts have advanced tools like steam cleaners to remove all kinds of dirt from the surface without causing any damage. However, you can also maintain its cleanliness at home.
- Run your vacuum cleaner thoroughly on the entire surface of the carpet, particularly on the high-traffic areas.
- To remove the stains, mix liquid dish soap and water. Then spray it on the affected area and leave it for some time. Then rinse the area properly.
- To remove pet hair and bad odour, sprinkle baking soda evenly on the entire surface and leave it overnight.
- Next day, use your vacuum cleaner to absorb all pet hair and baking soda residue.
3. Remove Dust from Your Ceiling Fans
The blades of ceiling fans accumulate a lot of dust. Thus, you must clean them from time to time. Many find it difficult to clean the fans due to the height, particularly the aged people.
So, you can opt for end of lease cleaning in Melbourne as they have experienced people with advanced cleaning tools. But if you want to clean it on your own, follow this procedure.
- First take a ladder and place it just below the fan.
- Then climb the ladder to reach the blade without overstretching yourself.
- Take any of your old pillowcases before climbing and put it around the blade of the fan.
- Pull the pillowcase off the blade in such a way that it wipes all the dust.
- Clean the other blades in the same way.
- If you find any stubborn dirt, spray a mixture of liquid dish soap and water on the surface and wipe off with a clean cloth.
4. Deep Clean the Windows
Dirty windows diminish the beauty of your entire room. Thus, you should clean them at least once a week and deep clean them once or twice a month. If you neglect the cleaning, it can become challenging to remove the dirt later.
And if you are moving out of a rented property, dirty windows can give the landlord a golden opportunity to deduct money from your security deposit. If you don’t want to go for end of lease cleaning in Melbourne, do it yourself by following this procedure.
- Use a duster to clean the dust on the surface of the window
- Prepare a cleaning solution. Take a bucket and mix water, liquid dish soap and vinegar in it.
- Then take a suitable sponge for windows, dip it into the water and squeeze it before rubbing the glasses.
- Use a squeegee to wipe the water vertically. Use a separate dry cloth to clean the window sill.
5. Clean Up Your Dishwasher
If you do not clean your dishwasher frequently, tiny bits of food, dishwasher soap scum and grease can accumulate inside all the nooks and crannies of your appliance. After a certain period, they make your dishwasher look dirty, smell bad, and decrease efficiency as well. It is a very useful machine that helps to clean glasses, dishes and many other things.
Thus, it is essential to keep it clean. The best way to maintain its cleanliness is by choosing end of lease cleaning in Melbourne. However, if you want to clean it yourself, follow these steps.
- Empty your dishwasher and examine the drain. Make sure that there are no chunks of dirt.
- Then, remove the filter and remove remaining food particles and other dirt you may find. Keep it in warm soapy water for 10 to 15 minutes before washing it thoroughly.
- Take a cup (safe for dishwasher) and pour some white vinegar in it. Then keep it on the top rack of your appliance. Use the hottest water setting possible, run your dishwasher through a cycle.
- In next step, sprinkle a cup of baking soda at the bottom of your dishwasher and run it through a short hot water cycle.
Although there are several house maintenance tasks that you should never forget, these five tasks are the most important ones. If you can maintain the cleanliness of these things, you may find that it has become easy to keep your home spick and span. In case you don’t have enough time, contact the companies who offer end of lease cleaning in Melbourne. They will save you effort and time.