7 Feng Shui Tips For Revolutionary House Cleaning
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese practice for bringing balance with the natural world into your home by re-arranging household elements. For decades, people have implemented Feng Shui tips and tricks to bring peace, prosperity and happiness to their homes.
The practice is also reckoned for bringing positive energy in your house by removing clutter and unnecessary household items. You can use it to clean your home innovatively and open the pathways to welcome positive energy in your abode.
If your house is messy and dirty, you can hire professional end of lease cleaners in Melbourne to deep clean it before moving out. But to maintain household hygiene, you can use the following Feng Shui tips for revolutionary house cleaning.
1. Create More Space
Declutter your home to create more space, as it allows better ventilation and distribution of light. In Feng Shui, clutter disrupts the flow of positive energy and traps negative energy into your house.
You can sort your belongings room by room and create piles of things that are broken, old, or serve no purpose.
You must get rid of personal belongings and household items that have remained used for six months or you don’t plan to use them at least once a year on at some occasion.
Another way to decipher if an item is necessary to give away or throw is to hold it and see if it brings you joy. If it doesn’t don’t keep it and clutter your home.
2. Deep Clean The Kitchen
In Feng Shui, the kitchen is an important area and keeping it clean is crucial to have a healthy home. Thus, focus on deep cleaning your kitchen every few weeks, following the checklist below.
- Dust exhausts fan, lights and other fixtures.
- Declutter cabinets, drawers and other storage units. Vacuum and clean them.
- Clean the stove/hob, oven, microwave, refrigerator and other appliances.
- Unclog the drains and wash the sink.
- Wipe windows, doors, especially their tracks and frames.
- Clean and disinfect countertops, slabs and shelves
- Sweep and mop the floors.
3. Clean Windows
Having windows without dust, dirt, smudges, and grime allows a better flow of air and light in your home. In Feng Shui, windows are the eyes of your home, and they help Chi (positive energy) pass through. Thus, you should keep them neat and tidy at all times for prosperity and good health.
- Make sure you regularly wipe and vacuum windows in your house.
- Clean windows screens, panes and other components at least once a month.
- Vacuum the tracks and frames with the crevice tool to prevent the accumulation of contaminants.
Tips: Always clean windows top to bottom, which is a professional technique experienced end of lease cleaners in Melbourne use to save time and energy.
4. Keep The Entryway & Hallway Neat
Want to attract positive energy in your home? Focus on keeping the entryway and hallway tidy. Here are some tips to keep these areas sparkling and clutter-free at all times.
- Dust and vacuum every day.
- Place your outdoor footwear in a rack outside the house.
- Wear indoor footwear when at home.
- Sweep and mop the entryway and hallway daily.
- Don’t keep trash or unwanted items in these areas.
- Make sure the furniture and large home décor pieces are against the walls and don’t take much space in these areas.
Cluttered entryways and pathways not only increase the risk of falling or tripping, but also prevent positive energy to pass through your house without hindrance.
5. Pay Attention To Master Bedroom
According to Feng Shui, the master bedroom is where you replenish your physical, spiritual, emotional and mental health. Thus, it is an important area that you should maintain and keep clean. Here is how you can have a great master bedroom.
- Avoid clutter in this area as it disturbs the peace of mind and causes stress. Don’t pile clothes, toys, footwear, or other items in corners.
- Fold blankets, sheets and comforters after use.
- Make your bed every morning.
- Vacuum windows, furniture, doors and carpets every few days
6. Purify The Air
Dust particles, mites, pollen, allergens, and other contaminants compromise your house’s indoor air quality, which is not good according to Feng Shui. Even the commercial cleaners you use for maintaining household hygiene contribute to indoor air pollution because they contain Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
To improve your home’s environment, invest in a quality air purifier with HEPA filters that remove bacteria, viruses, mould spores and allergens. Additionally, vacuum the carpets, upholstery and curtains regularly, as they trap dust, dirt and pathogens in their fibres.
Tip: Take the assistance of professionals offering house cleaning and end of lease cleaning in Melbourne to freshen and sanitise your property thoroughly.
7. Reduce Use Of Chemical Cleaners
Commercial cleaners are readily available and user-friendly, which is why most people gravitate towards buying them. However, these cleaners usually contain dangerous chemicals that affect your health seriously on prolonged exposure. They disrupt the balance of your home and prevent you from living a healthy life.
Therefore, you should replace commercial products with natural cleaners like white vinegar, baking soda, lemon, essential oils etc. Green end of lease cleaners in Melbourne often use organic and non-toxic cleaning agents to sanitise homes naturally. You can make homemade cleaners and reduce the use of harmful chemicals significantly, increasing the flow of positive energy in our abode.
It is difficult to have peace of mind and good health when your home is messy and dirty. It is not suitable, as per Feng Shui, because clutter disrupts the flow of light and Chi (positive energy), making your home a hub of negative energy.
You can hire professional end of lease cleaners in Melbourne to deep clean your property, especially when ending a tenancy. However, use the Feng Shui tips shared above for maintaining harmony and cleanliness in your home to reap several benefits.