Not only do you spend hours cooking, but you also have to clean the house and make it presentable for the guests. The process of cleaning starts a few days before the festival and continues afterwards as well. Professional cleaners offering end of lease cleaning in Melbourne and other cleaning solutions can be hired for sanitising your house for this occasion.
However, if you plan to do the clean-up yourself, then here are the before and after Thanksgiving cleaning checklists along with a list of supplies which you will need to clean your home efficiently and effectively.
Cleaning Supplies to Get
For performing any Thanksgiving cleaning task having the right products and tools for sanitationis necessary. Here is a list of things you should keep on-hand while cleaning before and after the festival.
- Microfiber cleaning tools like cloths, dusters, sweepers, mops etc.
- Brushes, sponges, and scouring pads of different sizes
- All-purpose cleaner
- Disinfectant (safe to use on different surfaces)
- Natural cleaners like baking soda, white vinegar, lemon etc.
- Scrubbing pads and rubber squeegees with telescopic and adjustable rods
- Buckets, spray bottles, and containers for storing solutions and tools
- Vacuum cleaner
These cleaning supplies are found in every household. Plus, they are readily available in markets at economical rates. Many experienced cleaners who perform end of lease cleaning in Melbourne use organic and non-toxic products that are safe for the environment.
Thus, while getting supplies, make sure to invest in cleaning products without Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and harsh chemicals.
Before Thanksgiving Cleaning Checklist
Often people lack the time, energy, and motivation to deep clean their houses before hosting a Thanksgiving party. If you are among them, then your best option to make your house welcoming and germ-free is to seek assistance from a reputed company offering end of lease cleaning service in Melbourne and other cleaning solutions.
However, if you can do it yourself, here is your before Thanksgiving Day dinner cleaning checklist.
- Declutter and remove trash from the entire house, especially from the living room, bathroom, and kitchen.
- Launder sheets, cushion covers, table cloths, curtains, drapes, napkins, and other washable items.
- Wipe cutlery and wash dusty utensils.
- Clean the refrigerator before storing meats, vegetables, beverages, and other food items for the Thanksgiving party.
- Clean and disinfect the bathroom — sanitise the toilet, washbasin, shower glass, tub, countertops, mirrors, and floor. Wipe and disinfect faucets, knobs, handles, and other common points of contact.
- Sanitise the kitchen deeply by cleaning the oven, cabinets, stove, countertops, sink, and garbage disposal. Wipe all the appliances, as they can have dust, dirt, and food splatters.
- Dust and vacuum the entire house. Pay extra attention to carpets, furniture, beddings, and fixtures. Also, don’t forget to vacuum window and door tracks and frames.
After Thanksgiving Cleaning Checklist
Here are cleaning tasks to perform on the day after hosting a Thanksgiving party in your home. Streamlining the process would help, as there can be a lot of chaos and mess.
- Start by removing trash, decluttering, and organising all the rooms in the house.
- Dust and vacuum all the surfaces and objects.
- Wash the dishes, and launder dirty clothes, sheets, napkins, table cloths etc.
- Spot clean the carpets, upholstery, walls, tables, countertops, and other areas with visible stains or spillage.
- Sanitise the fixtures and surfaces in the bathroom and kitchen, as these areas become quite dirty. These are common and frequently visited areas.
- Sweep the entire house then mop
- Vacuum every nook and cranny again to collect any leftover dust, dirt, debris, or particle.
Should You Seek Professional Assistance?
Hiring professionals is the most practical option for people living in rented properties. In case your tenancy is about to end, and you have hosted a Thanksgiving party, then even after cleaning the house yourself, professional assistance would help.
You don’t want to risk not getting a full rental bond refund by not booking professional end of lease cleaners in Melbourne. The experts have the right equipment and supplies to sanitise different types of properties.
If your rented property has become dirty after the party and it is still not in a reasonable condition for inspection after DIY cleaning, then availing end of lease cleaning service in Melbourne by professionals is the best solution for you.
The Bottom Line
By following the checklists mentioned above, you can be stress-free and enjoy the Thanksgiving party at your home without worrying. You can make your house welcoming and as good as new for your guests and ensure your house is clean and sanitary after the party as well.