You may overlook their significance as cleaning agents, but in reality, they are not far behind the commercial cleaning products, in terms of effectiveness. These household products are also quite inexpensive and safe to use. Many professionals also use these green cleaners for the end of lease cleaning in Melbourne.
In this post, you will learn how to use these natural products to clean the whole house. Let’s have a look.
White vinegar is an exceptional cleaning agent. Its high acidity level helps loosen dirt and mineral deposits like lime and rust. Due to its alkaline nature, it is also capable of dissolving soap scum, and thus, it is quite useful in bathroom and kitchen. Studies have found that vinegar effectively kills bacteria and viruses.
So, it can be used almost anywhere in your house – from cleaning oven and sink in the kitchen to wastebaskets and wooden floor in other rooms. Moreover, you can’t ask for a cheaper cleaning product than vinegar. And it is widely available in every Melbourne market. You can use it in the following ways:
- Vinegar comes handy in getting rid of grease from ovens, stoves, countertops and grills. It also cleans the wax build-up from your wooden floors. Spray the area with vinegar and let is settle down for some time. Then scrub the surface gently and wipe off with a clean cloth.
- It also helps to remove coffee and tea stains from a coffee maker, kitchen sinks, and cups. It saves your effort as well as time.
- A mixture of water and vinegar is enough to deodorise and remove bad odour from the kitchen and bathroom. You can also add it to the laundry rinse cycle as it is an excellent softening agent.
- It is a fantastic choice for outdoor cleaning such as wiping down your patio furniture, exterior windows cleaning, car washing, etc. Also, you can use it as a natural disinfectant. Pour one part of vinegar into four parts of water and mix it well. Then use the solution to disinfect spots like countertops, switches, toilet flush, doorknobs, etc.
- If you want to have natural and effective polish on your furniture, take vinegar and mix it with olive oil and lemon. Mix it properly before applying on the wooden surface. Keep it for some time so that the solution can settle down on the surface. Wipe off the excess solution with a clean cloth to give it a natural shine.
Although the name suggests ‘baking’, it is a fantastic green cleaner. It is absolutely safe for cleaning almost everything and is most likely to be available in every home. So, with little effort, you can get high-quality cleaning at a pocket-friendly price. It is equally effective in cleaning, whitening, deodorising and scrubbing.
It ensures that dirt and grease get easily dissolved in water so that you can get high-quality cleaning. Unlike commercial cleaning products containing harmful chemicals, it doesn’t cause any harm to the environment as well as your health. You can use baking soda in the following ways.
- It is an excellent option to tackle dirty toilets. Sprinkle a little bit of baking soda into the toilet and wait for a couple of minutes. Then use a toilet brush to clean the dirty toilet scum. To make it more powerful and destroy germs and moulds, add some vinegar to it.
- You can also use baking soda to clean your dirty carpets and rugs. Instead of opting for a conventional, harmful carpet cleaner, try this cleaning agent to get rid of dirt and more importantly, that stinky smell. Noticeably, many professional end of lease cleaners in Melbourne use this method to clean the carpets.
- It can also be beneficial in your laundry. Add around half to one cup of baking soda into the washing machine. It will increase the effectiveness of the laundry detergent you are using by softening the water. As a result, you will get cleaner and softer clothes.
- Baking Soda also whitens your bathtub and bathroom sinks. Sprinkle baking soda on the sink or bath surface and wait for 15 to 20 minutes. After that add some water to make a thick paste and scrub the surface properly. Then wash it to get a sparkling clean sink and bathtub.
This is another brilliant cleaning agent that many bond cleaning companies in Melbourne use in their cleaning methods. Unlike other commercial cleaning methods, lemons do not release harmful particles in the air, so they are one of the most effective and safest ways to clean your house.
Due to its acidic nature, a lemon is the easiest way to get rid of stubborn grease and kitchen oil. Moreover, they also provide a fresh fragrance after cleaning a specific spot. Use lemons to clean your home in the following ways.
- The citric acid present in the lemon juice can remove even the most stubborn oil deposits and stains as effectively as any commercial cleaner. To make it more effective, take the juice out of two lemons and mix it with vinegar (around a half cup).
- You can also use lemon to get rid of any lousy smell. The problem with commercial cleaners is that they only cover the bad smell, and have harmful chemicals in it. On the other hand, lemon destroys the bacteria that causes bad odour and is entirely safe to use.
- Due to the presence of acid, it is one of the best options when you need a cleaner for your copper items. All you need to do is mix lemon juice and table salt to make a thick paste. Apply it on your dirty copper items such as pots, statues, pans, etc. Wait for some time before washing them in warm water. Wipe off the items with a dry cloth.
- You can also use it to disinfect items like your wooden cutting boards. Cut a lemon into half and rub it on the surface of the board. Then, let it settle down for a couple of minutes before washing the board properly. The acid present in the lemon will destroy the germs, bacteria and other harmful particles.
It is essential to keep your house clean, but it is also equally important that you do not use any harmful chemical for cleaning. Use the basic household cleaning agents as mentioned above and get a sparkling clean house in a hassle-free manner. If you are hiring bond cleaners in Melbourne, make sure they only follow green cleaning.