Bond is a sum lodged with Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) at the start of any tenancy in Melbourne, Victoria. This amount is usually up to one month's rent if the rental fee is $350 or less per week. For a long term lease agreement (above five years), the amount cannot be more than four weeks of rent if the weekly rental fee is $760 or more.
Thus whether you have a short-term or a long-term lease, the security deposit is a sum every tenant wants back in full for which end of lease cleaning is crucial. Since bond cleaning is different from regular cleaning, many tenants grapple with the decision of choosing between DIY and hiring professional end of lease cleaners in Melbourne.
If you are facing the same dilemma, then here is your complete guide outlining insights that will help with decision making. Have a look.
Is DIY Bond Cleaning an Option for You?
As a tenant, it is your responsibility to keep the property clean and tidy during your tenancy. At the end of a lease agreement, the property needs to be returned in a reasonably clean and same condition it was in at the start of the tenancy.
If the property is not returned in the state as per the original condition report, the landlord can use the bond money for cleaning expenses. To avoid deductions from your bond, you have to perform end of lease cleaning thoroughly.
You can do it yourself if it will ensure the property will be in the same condition it was in at the start of your tenancy. The landlord cannot force you to hire professional end of lease cleaners in Melbourne, but when the rental property is cleaned by professionals before your occupancy, you are obligated to get it cleaned by experts. To know for sure, ask your landlord or property manager to produce the bill's invoice given by the specialists.
Supposedly, the property was not cleaned by the professional end of lease cleaners in Melbourne; then you can clean the property yourself at the end of the tenancy.
Hiring Professional End of Lease Cleaners
Most tenants hire end of lease cleaners because they can increase the chances of complete rental bond repayment. Bond cleaning is a tedious and strenuous activity that requires discipline and completion of tasks within a stipulated time.
Reputed end of lease cleaners in Melbourne sanitise rental properties after they are emptied and follow an REIV-approved checklist to clean the entire property. Other advantages of hiring professionals are listed as follows.
- Professionals have the expertise, equipment and skills to perform the challenging tasks of cleaning and disinfecting every surface and fixture in properties
- They can clean your rental property within a few hours, whereas it can take you days
- Expert end of lease cleaners in Melbourne usually offer bond back guarantees. During this period you can get them to re-clean if something needs to be redone
- You can hire professionals weeks ahead of moving out to prevent stressing about bond cleaning and complete other tasks without hassle
- Hiring professional end of lease cleaners in Melbourne is economical because your chances of losing your bond are less, and you don't have to invest in cleaning supplies and equipment to clean the rental property.
- Lastly, taking professional cleaners’ assistance is advantageous when besides the end of lease cleaning service, you need additional solutions like pest control, carpet cleaning, wall-washing, pressure washing, blinds cleaning, etc.
If you are moving out of a rental property, ensure you hire professionals via a reputed and reliable end of lease cleaning company in Melbourne. Look for a one-stop destination that can provide all the services you need to get your bond back in full.
Move your belongings from the property before the professionals arrive because they will not clean unless the property is empty. Most reputed end of lease cleaners in Melbourne refuse to book jobs unless the tenants promise the real estate will be empty on the job date.
The Bottom Line
DIY bond cleaning and hiring professional end of lease cleaners in Melbourne are both viable options for tenants. However, many lessees prefer hiring professionals for the reasons mentioned above.
If you are moving out of a rental property and are confused whether to clean-up yourself or book experienced cleaners, this guide will help you make an informed decision. The shared insights will help you know which option will be best for getting your bond back and leaving the rental property successfully.