Apart from a thorough cleaning of your living space, make sure you consider sanitising some of the high-touch household things/items where germs can lurk and spread throughout your house. It is important for you to clean and sanitise the following items in the next 30 days to prevent the spread of germs and deadly viruses.
Things you’ll Need:
Before getting into the cleaning process, make sure you arrange all the supplies to get the job done in a quick and effective manner:
- Rubber Gloves
- White Vinegar and Hot Water Solution
- Clean wiping cloth or microfiber cloths
- Disinfecting Spray (make sure it has 70% alcohol)
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Paper Towels
1. Remote Controls
The remote control of your television or air conditioner is one of the dirtiest household items. It should be cleaned and sanitised as it gets passed from one member to another along with the harmful germs. In order to clean remote controls, make sure you:
- Remove the batteries
- Wipe off the item using a cloth dampened with 70% isopropyl alcohol or alcohol-based disinfecting wipes.
- Don’t forget to clean and disinfect the areas between the buttons using a cotton swab. Make sure you squeeze out the extra liquid before getting into the tight spaces.
- Wait for a few minutes to let the solution evaporate.
- Dry it with a clean cloth.
2. Handles of Electronic Appliances
If you want a germ-free home environment, then you should keep the door handles of your electronic appliances clean and disinfected. Frequent cleaning and disinfecting are required for door handles of the refrigerator, oven, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, the touch panel of microwave and stove knobs with an alcohol-based disinfectant. Consider the following cleaning hacks:
- Remove visible dust, dirt and grime from the handles using soapy hot water. Make sure you rinse & dry.
- Wipe off the surface using a cloth dampened in a disinfectant spray to kill bacteria and germs.
- Let it dry properly.
Tip: If your appliances are very dirty, then consider hiring the professional cleaners in Melbourne.
A dirty kitchen towel lingers more germs than a toilet seat. This means you need to need to keep kitchen towels or rags and even hand towel clean and sanitised. Of course, you launder these items, but make sure you change them frequently. It will help you prevent the growth of viruses and germs.
- To clean dish and hand towels, you can wash them in hot water with a liquid detergent.
- During this phase, you can also add a laundry sanitiser such as Lysol to kill bacteria.
4. Garbage Cans
When did you wash your kitchen trash can? You may not realise the consequences, but it is one of the dirtiest things in your house. You need to clean and disinfect it thoroughly and frequently to prevent the spreading of germs.
- First of all, clean the can and wash it using warm soapy water.
- Make sure you rinse and dry the can using a paper towel.
- Now, spray the can with a disinfecting solution and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Don’t forget to deodorise the garbage can by sprinkling ½ cup of baking soda on the bottom of it. This will absorb all the musty smell and make your kitchen smell fresh again.
Children love their toy cars and dolls. But how often you clean them? Make sure you clean the washable toys of your kid’s toys in the next 30 days. Check the instructions carefully before washing them. Follow the hacks to clean plastic toys:
- Soak all of them for 10 minutes in a solution of ½ cup chlorine bleach and warm water.
- Rinse and let them air dry.
Ways to clean stuffed toys:
- Place such toys in a pillowcase and tie the top of it. Wash them in a washing machine and dry them with low heat.
- You can also steam clean stuffed toys with a garment steamer or leave the toys in direct sunlight for at least 2 hours to kill germs.
These are some of the key household items that you should pay special attention in the next 30 days. Clean and sanitise them frequently to stop the spreading of germs and virus. You can also hire trained experts for a reliable end of lease cleaning in Melbourne. They can make your rental premises look clean and germ-free and help you get the full bond money back.