How to Clean a Microwave Safely and Correctly
To deep clean them, one option is to take external help and call in budget bond cleaners in Carlton. It’s a wise step, as the experts have the proper knowledge, experience, and equipment to do the job efficiently and effectively, however, if you wish to take on the task of cleaning your microwave oven yourself, here’s what you need to do.
Gather Your Supplies
Before you start, create a checklist of all the cleaning supplies you’ll need to carry out the job correctly. Most items will be in your house, and if anything is required, you can always get it from the nearest store in Carlton. Here is the list of supplies you’ll need:
- A soft sponge and brush
- An eco-friendly liquid detergent
- White Vinegar and Lemons
- Baking soda
- A clean rag or paper towels
- A microwave-safe bowl
Steps for Cleaning
Follow these steps recommended by cleaning experts in Carlton to have a clean and spotless microwave:
- Fill the bowl with water and add the vinegar and baking soda to it. Microwave this solution for 2-3 minutes and let it sit for a minute.
- Open the microwave, remove the bowl and the glass tray, and then use the sponge dipped in a green cleaning solution and warm water to clean the insides.
- Make sure you clean the top of the microwave properly as food residue and grease can accumulate there. Also, scrub the inner corners carefully with a soft brush or sponge to get rid of stubborn stains.
- Wipe away the excess moisture with a rag or paper towel and let it air out. Next, wash the glass tray like a dish and keep it in a rack to dry after wiping it with a paper towel.
- To clean the exterior glass panel of the microwave, you can use a window cleaner. You can also use it to clean the handle, buttons, knobs, and sides. If you wish, you can clean these areas with dishwashing detergent and water.
- Lastly, to make your microwave smell fresh, take a cup of water and put the juice of a whole lemon in it. Heat this solution for 5 minutes and keep the door closed for a minute after that. Open the device and with a rag or paper towel remove the moisture and air out the microwave.
While DIY cleaning your microwave, make sure you take the following precautions to avoid self-harm or injury.
- Cut off the power supply to the microwave before you start cleaning. Carefully remove the power plug with dry hands to zero your chances of getting electrocuted.
- After you heat any solution in a bowl, take out it wearing oven mittens or a clean cloth to avoid burning yourself. Also, make sure you have gloves on while cleaning.
- Be careful while scrubbing or wiping the corners to prevent scrapes or cuts on your hands and arms.
- Ensure you place back the glass tray correctly after you had taken it out for cleaning.
- Don’t use a steel scrub as this can cause scratches or the paint to chip-off from the surface of the microwave. Avoid using harsh chemicals to clean your microwave.
Suggestions for Future Usage
One of the easiest ways to keep your microwave clean longer is to cover the food you are cooking or heating. It helps avoid spillage and splattering. Also, it eliminates the chances of oil grease from forming on the walls of your microwave.
Adjust the heat settings of your microwave to medium or low, particularly for foods you know are prone to boiling over or splattering like curries, milk, cheese, etc. Furthermore, wipe the insides of the microwave with a paper towel regularly after you heat food to avoid build-up of grease and food residues.
Over time, if your microwave has accumulated grime and dirt due to excess usage, it can be a challenge to clean. Even after you do your best, it can remain dirty. This is when you should hire cleaning experts in Carlton. Most of the leading bond cleaners in Carlton offer Oven and BBQ Cleaning Services. If you are planning for the end of lease cleaning, then you can even get your microwave oven cleaned free of cost along with your booking.