How To Clean Outdoor Areas For A Bond Clean
According to the study, most renters/tenants lose their bond money due to half-baked cleaning. When sprucing up the property, most people often need to remember outdoor areas, such as patio, garage, decks, driveways, etc.
Like interior surfaces (such as bathrooms and windows), outdoor areas also tend to accumulate dust, dirt, debris, stubborn stains and grease that can ruin the overall look and feel of the property, leading to a rental conflict.
Therefore, professionals include outdoor areas in a detailed end-of-lease cleaning in Melbourne. If you are also moving out of your tenancy, make sure you deep clean the patio, lawn, garage walls and other exterior areas for a quality bond clean.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you tackle dust, grime and grease with ease:
Remove Dust From Exterior Fittings & Fixtures
The light fixtures & fittings, door handles, baseboards and walls in your outdoor area accumulate dust mites, cobwebs, insect marks and other allergens.
So, start the process by vacuuming these overlooked areas before the final rental inspection. Use a HEPA-filtered vacuum machine to kill germs and dust.
You can also use a microfiber duster with an extendable handle to reach the nooks and crannies of ceiling walls. You can also clean with Cream of Tarter and keep pollutants at bay.
De-clutter your Patio area & Yard
Before removing stains and grime from the hard patio floors or yard pavement, make sure you declutter these areas and remove dead leaves and unnecessary things. You can do the following chores to keep these areas clean and organised:
- Remove weeds from the patio floor
- Sweep away all the dry leaves, visible dirt and dust from the area
- Pile dry leaves in trash bags.
- Mow the lawn and trim your plants
If you want professionals to clean the entire property inside and out, book the best end of lease cleaning Melbourne from a renowned company. They follow a REIVIC-approved checklist, which covers everything from patio surfaces to bathrooms and kitchens, to help tenants secure their full bond money.
Tackle Dirty Patio Floors Using Safe Cleaners
According to the bond cleaning checklist, the patio area needs to be cleaned thoroughly to pass the rental inspection.
- After removing loose debris and dirt, you can prepare a homemade solution by mixing warm water, soap and vinegar to tackle floor stains.
- Use a plastic or a mildly abrasive brush to scrub the stains off your cement and stone flooring.
- All you need to do is to spray the solution and leave it for a few minutes or until you scrub it off.
- Rinse and dry it completely.
Keep these cleaning tips in mind and get your bond back in Victoria in the most organsied way.
Use a Pressure Cleaner For Driveway & Concrete Surfaces
It is quite challenging to clean huge floorings, such as a driveway, entryways and other concrete surfaces, with a scrub or brush. So, the best way to tackle stubborn stains, rust, grime and grease from concrete surfaces is to using high-pressure washing method.
Instead of doing it yourself, hire a company which specailises in pressure washing. The high stream of water can easily remove accumulated dirt and grime from the surfaces in a few seconds.
However, some floors are delicate so be careful when using such abrasive methods at the end of your tenancy.
Tip: You will be held responsible if you damage the flooring during the cleaning process.
Wash Exterior Windows and Doors
Outdoor windows and doors are the first few things that the landlord inspects. Therefore, it becomes imperative to wash your windows inside and out for sparkling look.
- Spray the vinegar and warm water solution on the window pans and sills
- Remove stains and marks using a microfiber cloth.
- Run a rubber squeegee to get rid of excess solution. This won’t leave streaks behind.
- Do not forget to clean the nooks and crannies of your windows
- Clean the doors- inside and out.
- Clean and disinfect your door handles because high-traffic areas need extensive cleaning.
Clean Garage Walls and Floors
Do not forget to clean your garage when moving out of your rented property.
- Start by removing cobwebs from walls
- Vacuum fixtures and storage units to remove dust.
- Spot clean surfaces using vinegar solution
- Scrub off oily and grease stains
- Sweep and mop the garage floor.
Get Rid of Trash
Make sure you dispose of trash after cleaning your outdoor areas. You can use recyclable trash bags and put dry leaves and other dirt in them.
It is good to dispose of fertilisers and pesticides properly to avoid greenhouse gas emissions and other serious problems.
Cleaning outdoor areas for a bond clean can help you pass the rental inspection and get your full bond money back. These tips will help you spruce up your driveway, patio, garage and other outdoor surfaces. You can also book a seasoned team for a quality end of lease cleaning Melbourne and achieve desired results with ease at the end of your tenancy.