How To Clean Toilet Brushes And Brush Holders?
A host of bacteria, viruses, and other illness-causing microbes live on toilet brushes and holders. Failing or ignoring to clean these tools increases the spread of germs rather than curbing it. Therefore, you should wash and disinfect toilet brushes and brush holders regularly.
Here is your complete guide by professional end of lease cleaners in Melbourne outlining the importance of cleaning these items, how to clean them, and things to consider before purchasing toilet brushes and holders.
Why is Sanitising Cleaning Supplies Important?
Sanitising your cleaning supplies is necessary for stopping the spread of harmful pathogens such as E.coli, Staph, Salmonella, Campylobacter, Shigella, and many more.
In addition, washing and disinfecting your toilet brushes and their holders is crucial for increasing the shelf life of these items. Good quality brushes and holders can be expensive, and if you use them correctly and clean them adequately, their longevity increases. Professional end of lease cleaners in Melbourne ensure their supplies are sanitised and disinfected thoroughly before use and you should too.
How to Clean Toilet Brushes
Before you start the process of sanitising your toilet brushes, it is important to know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting. Both these activities are different, necessary, and need to be performed in the correct order to get the desired results.
To sanitise your toilet brushes thoroughly, you will need to clean them to remove any dirt, dust, or grime and then disinfect to kill the germs. Here are the steps to follow to clean toilet brushes to maintain hygiene.
- The best time to sanitise the brush is right after using it. Dip the brush in a solution of soap and hot water and let it remain in it for a few minutes. Rinse the brush with hot water until soap residue and contaminants are removed.
- Disinfect the brush after cleaning by dipping it in or spraying a disinfecting solution. You can make one at home by mixing one part bleach with ten parts of water. Many professional end of lease cleaners in Melbourne utilise this cleaning solution for disinfection.
- To kill the bacteria, viruses, fungi, and other pathogens on the brush ensure the brush is saturated with the disinfecting solution for at least 30 minutes.
- Afterwards, hang the brush in a well-ventilated and sun-lit area to air dry.
How to Clean Toilet Brush Holders
The process of sanitising a toilet brush holder is similar to cleaning the brush. You need to spray the holder with soap and water solution and scrub it if necessary. Next, rinse the soap residue and pollutants from the holder with hot water. Spray or dip the holder in a disinfecting solution for 30 minutes and let the item dry in an airy and sunny spot.
When the brushes and holders are washed, disinfected, and dry – insert the brush in the holder and store them in a clean and dry space in the bathroom.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing Toilet Brushes and Brush Holders
Toilet brushes and brush holders are necessary cleaning supplies everyone should have in their homes. These tools are frequently used, which is why besides learning how to keep them sanitary, it is essential to consider the following things before purchasing them.
- Brand and Quality: You don’t want to repeatedly buy new brushes and holders of low quality that keep breaking. It is wastage of money and tiring to keep replacing these items of regular use. Therefore, invest in good quality brushes and holders that are durable and last long.
- Size of the items: Get brushes and holders that are the ideal size for cleaning your toilet. Buying brushes too big or small for your toilet will make them unsuitable cleaning tools.
- Design: Invest in toilet brushes and holders with practical designs. The brush should have a head that can clean the bowl and its bends. Brush holders should be designed to keep the brushes upright and covered.
- Features: Considering the features of these items is essential before purchasing them. Your brush should be soft but firm along with a good bristle count. Additionally, its handle should be long and comfortable to hold. Toilet brush holders should be sturdy and have non-slip bases to prevent the holder from toppling or sliding when the brush is placed in it.
Cleaning and disinfecting toilet brushes and toilet brush holders is necessary for maintaining hygiene in your bathroom and prolonging the shelf lives of these items. Since these items are used frequently, it is essential to keep them sanitised. Use this guide by professional end of lease cleaners in Melbourne to make them clean, germ-free and long-lasting.