How to Deep Clean Your Bedroom From Top to Bottom
Unfortunately, most of the people in in Reservoir keep our bedroom dirty and messy – we gather unnecessary stuff such as clothing, leotards or magazines in the bedroom. This creates clutter and makes the room look disorganised. Apart from this, top to bottom cleaning of the bedroom is always overlooked due to lack of time.
Whether it’s about cleaning ceiling walls or removing dust from the mattress, you can’t skip the cleaning of your bedroom, especially when you are at the end of your lease. When your security deposit is at stake, you should consider hiring reliable end of lease cleaning experts in Reservoir.
They are well-versed with cutting-edge technologies and always carry the REIVIC-approved checklist to give you quality results along with your bond money. Professional bond cleaners cover every inch of the property, including the bedroom to give you high-quality and stress-free cleaning experience.
While taking professional assistance is a great deal, it is also good to keep yourself acquainted with DIY deep cleaning tricks for your bedroom for the top to bottom. Here is a complete cleaning guide to keeping your bedroom clean, organised and cosy.
1. Prepare Yourself – Gather Cleaning Products
Before jumping into the cleaning process, it is better to gather all the necessary supplies to make your job easier. It is good to have the following items handy:
- Microfiber clothBroom
- A vacuum cleaner with adjustable attachments
- Glass cleaner/ Natural cleaner (made up of white vinegar, warm water and baking soda)
- A cotton mop
- Baking Soda
- Disinfecting spray, etc
Keep everything ready because time is money, and saving precious time has become a necessity when you are running at the end of your lease period.
2. Accumulate everything that don’t belong to your bedroom
It is good to start the process by collecting all the household items that don’t belong to the bedroom. Collect and put them in a box so that you can focus on the cleaning aspect. Also, get rid of decorations and other things that no longer needed. Place them in a second box to donate in Reservoir. Clear the remaining mess under the bed, dresser and around the wardrobe and throw them in the garbage bag.
3. Clean cobwebs from ceilings
Removing cobwebs from ceilings is one of the important steps when you are sprucing up your bedroom. With the help of a broom, an extendable rod and a microfiber cloth, you can dust your fans, ceiling walls, switchboards and light fixtures.
You can also use a vacuum cleaner to remove all the dust particles, cobwebs and grime without any elbow grease. Cover the fan blade using an old pillowcase to gather the dust. This will prevent the dust from falling on the surface.
4. Switch linens with clean ones
Remove bed sheets, pillowcases, drapes, curtains, mattress cover, blankets, and get your laundry started so that you can use clean linen for your bedroom. If they are washable, you can wash them at home, but if they need professional dry cleaning, look for the reliable laundry service in your area.
5. Clean Walls and Windows
Apart from cleaning ceiling walls, fan blades and light fittings, make sure you dust the side walls and window sills. You can start by:
- Dusting walls and corners using the cotton mop. You can also use the extension on your vacuum cleaner to fetch up cobwebs from the corners of your walls.
- Clean your air duct vents (air conditioner) to get rid of dust particles.
- Spruce up the window sills and tracks using all-purpose cleaning. Wipe the grease, dust and grime with a microfiber cloth.
- Sanitise doorknobs with the eco-friendly sanitiser.
6. Spruce up Furniture & Other Surfaces
- Remove dust from furniture, lamps, frames, shelves and other surfaces of your bedroom using a damp cloth.
- Make sure you begin with the highest surfaces and then work down to prevent the dust from knocking down onto the areas you have already cleaned.
- Eliminate the folds of your mattress using a crevice tool of your vacuum cleaner.
- Remove clothes from your wardrobe and vacuum it to suck up all the dust and grime. Clean the shelves and corners using a damp cloth.
- Wipe the drawers inside and out and return the clothes to their place.
7. Sweep the Floors
- Before sweeping floors, ensure you wipe down the baseboards. Use a microfiber cloth and white vinegar and baking soda solution to clean the baseboards.
- Remove the dust under the bed using the vacuum extension.
- Vacuum clean floor coverings (rugs and carpets)
- Sweep the floor using the all-purpose cleaner. Remove stains and bring back the shine of your hard surface floors.
Keeping a bedroom clean from top to bottom is not as difficult as people think. All you need is the right knowledge, best cleaning tips and helping hand. You can also hire professionally-trained end of lease cleaners in in Reservoir if your landlord is particular about the cleaning aspect. They can clean your premises from top to bottom and give you peace of mind with hassle-free cleaning experience.