How To Remove Red Wine Stains From The Carpet
Experts say that a glass of red wine a day is good for your heart. However, when someone spills it on your carpet, it can surely raise your heartbeat. This is because red wine stains on your clothes are not easy to remove, and when they are on your carpet, cleaning can become way more challenging.
Although calling professional and reliable bond cleaners in Craigieburn
is one of the easiest solutions to tackle this problem, you can choose to clean it on your own with some easy hacks.
The only thing you need to remember is that you must react as quickly as possible. When it comes to tough stains on the carpets, always remember that time is your enemy.
Here are some useful tips that can help you get rid of the wine stains and keep the carpet clean.
Things You Will Need
If you want to remove a red wine stain from your carpet, you will require the following items.
A clean white cloth
Water (as per requirement)
Carpet stain remover
A Step-By-Step Method To Remove Red Wine Stains From Carpet
1. The first thing you need to do is, blot the wine stain immediately. For that, you will need a clean white cloth. Use it to absorb as much red wine as you can. Frequently change the areas of the cloth, so that whenever you are using a new spot, it can absorb more liquid.
2. After that, pour a small amount of water on the stained area and continue blotting. As the water dilutes the red wine, it will become much easier to absorb. Make sure that you don't pour excess water at a time; otherwise, the red colour can spread further. Continue blotting until you cannot remove any stain using this method.
3. Once you are done with this, prepare a thick paste of baking soda and water. Apply it directly to the carpet stain. Let it settle down and become dry completely. In the end, use a vacuum cleaner to clean the dried paste.
4. In case you are not satisfied with the result, use a carpet stain remover. But make sure that you are choosing the stain remover and following the cleaning method as per the instructions of the manufacturer. If you cannot do all this then it is better to go for professional bond cleaners in Craigieburn.
Things To Consider While Removing The Stains From The Carpet
1. Whenever you want to test a technique to remove carpet stains or any latest cleaning product, make sure you are using it on an inconspicuous area of the carpet. This is how you can ensure the product or method is safe for your carpet. Removing red wine stains from a white carpet can be a daunting task! Create a mixture of dishwashing liquid and hydrogen peroxide
(instead of commercial carpet stain remover).
2. Take one part of the dishwashing liquid and mix it with two parts of peroxide. Sponge on, wipe out and wash thoroughly. However, do not try the same method on a coloured carpet as it can damage the colour of the carpet. If you want to do this, first test it on a hidden area.
3. If you are in the middle of a party and are trying not to make a big deal about the wine spill on your carpet, use paper towels to absorb the wine. After that, sprinkle salt on the stain and carry on with your guests. The salt can be beneficial as it will absorb some amount of the wine the paper towel couldn’t absorb. And when the guests leave, you can vacuum it. After that, you can follow the steps mentioned above to have a clean living room
4. There is always a possibility that you may not notice stains of red wine until the next morning when they have dried. In such a scenario, removing stains becomes extremely difficult. Here, you can saturate the stain using hot water, follow pre-treatment methods and use any oxi product on the stubborn stains for four to ten hours.
5. If you fail to remove such stains from the carpets, you might end up paying a hefty amount from your security deposit. This is because the property managers are usually very strict with the cleaning of the carpets during the property inspection
. Thus, you should contact a professional bond cleaning company in Craigieburn as they have modern cleaning tools and technical knowledge to get rid of the stubborn spots.
Red wine spills on a carpet are a common thing that can happen with anyone at any point of time. So, you should know the best way to remove the stains which do not interfere with the beauty of the carpet. You should also be able to identify which stains you can remove yourself and which stains require help from professionals in Craigieburn. The methods mentioned above are the best ways to remove red wine stains from the carpet so do try them if you are willing to get on the task.