The Ultimate Post-Party Cleanup Checklist
Removing decoration mess, food spills, candy residue, and stubborn stains from different surfaces is imperative to create a clean and healthy living environment.
The process can be strenuous but achievable if you follow a proper cleaning checklist, the right stain removal techniques and effective solvents.
You can also hire cheap end of lease cleaning Melbourne who can tackle all the stains, grime and dirt and prep your rental property for the final inspection.
You can also do the same with the help of the following post-party cleanup checklist:
Stock Up On All The Necessary Cleaning Supplies
It becomes super-easy to clean up after a party if you already have all the necessary cleaning supplies. So, start by gathering the following essentials:
- Microfiber dusters and cloths
- A HEPA-filter vacuum machine with adequate attachments
- Microfiber mops
- Sponge and brushes
- Liquid dish soap
- All-purpose cleaner
- Baking soda
- Rubbing alcohol
- Disinfecting wipes,
- Garbage bins, etc
Note: Do not use store-bought cleaning products as they contain ammonia, phosphates, bleach and other harmful chemicals that can cause various health hazards.
Post-Party CleanUp Checklist: Things to DO Right Away
After entertaining your guests, acting on dirt and spills immediately is imperative to prevent pest infestation. Here is a list of tasks to do right away:
- Collect all trash, such as empty bottles, food leftovers, disposable items, etc, into trash bags.
- Check and act on spills and splatters on carpets, rugs and upholstery instantly. Blot it with paper towels and vinegar solution.
- Unload your dishwasher and make room for dirty dishes.
- Wipe down countertops to prevent stubborn stains
- Put away leftovers to avoid spoilage
- Extinguish candles in all rooms
- Clean high-traffic areas
- Collect and properly store decorations to prevent damage
- Ensure proper ventilation to get rid of unpleasant odours.
Wash Dishes and Glassware
Leaving dirty dishes on the table or in the sink can harbour harmful germs, such as E.coli that can cause various foodborne illnesses.
So, it is good to load your dishwasher and clean dirty dishes. For non-dishwasher-safe glassware, use a mild dishwashing liquid soap and pay special attention to wine glasses and crockery.
Wipe Down Hard Surfaces
If you have hosted a Halloween party at home, you may need to tackle candle wax stains, fake blood, glitters and dirt from hard surfaces. Make sure you wipe down the following surfaces:
- Light switches
- Window sills
- Countertops, etc
Spray a white vinegar solution for sparkling results. Professionals also follow a proper checklist for a meticulous end of lease cleaning Melbourne to help you get bond back with ease.
Vacuum Upholstery and Carpets
There is no denying that delicate floor coverings and upholstery furniture collect a lot of dirt, dust and debris during the party. So, it is important to use a HEPA-filter vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment to get rid of dust particles, loose debris, food particles and glitters that are embedded deep inside the fibres.
Professionals also vacuum carpets and area rugs when performing a detailed end of lease cleaning Melbourne. So, do a thorough research and book a company that specialises in a meticulous cleaning of a rental property at the end of a tenancy.
Eliminate Different Types of Stains
This step requires a bit of elbow grease and proper stain-removal techniques. Here are some of the common stains you can get rid of from your carpets, furniture and floors:
- Candle Wax: Use ice packs to freeze the wax stain and gently scrape it off using a butter knife. For unpleasant residue, place a paper bag and run an iron over it. Make sure you set it at the lowest setting.
- Beer Stains: Blot the surface with a clean cloth. After that, spray white vinegar and warm water solution. Leave it for a few minutes and blot if again.
- Red Wine Stains: Mix 1 cup cool water, 1 cup white vinegar and 2 teaspoons of liquid dishwashing soap liquid. Blot the stain with a clean cloth. In the next step, sponge it with a liquid mixture and repeat the process.
Make sure you dry the carpet to prevent mould infestation.
You can also hire a professional carpet steam cleaning service in Melbourne to retrieve its shine.
Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
Follow this checklist and restore the shine of your bathroom after a successful party:
Clean and disinfect the faucets, countertops and toilet
Use vinegar and soapy water to tackle toilet stains. Scrub it with a brush and flush for shiny results
- Wipe down light switches and doorknobs
- Polish the mirror
- Restock toiletries
- Empty the dustbin
- Sweep and mop the floor
Clean the Kitchen Surfaces
Do not forget to clean your kitchen using proper tools and products:
- Clean the countertops and stovetops using baking soda and water solution if you have natural stone surfaces.
- Clean the flat top grill
- Wipe down your microwave and oven using vinegar, lemon and warm water solution.
- Clean the sink, drain properly and get rid of leftover food.
- Clean and disinfect faucets
- Run ice cubes via the garbage disposal to scour it
- Empty and disinfect the trash can
- Sweep and mop the floor
Spruce up Outdoor Party Area
Consider this list and clean up your outdoor party area like a pro:
- Get rid of debris from the patio
- Use a skimmer for floating debris
- Hose down the deck for spills
- Clean outdoor furniture. Tackle spills using baking soda and warm water
- Scrub stains using a soft-bristled brush
- Pressure washing is great for concrete surfaces.
If your tenancy is ending soon, take professional assistance from a reliable company that speicalises in a quality end of lease cleaning Melbourne. They can tackle stains, dirt, grime and bad odours to help you get your bond back with ease.
Post-party cleanup may sound overwhelming, but you can achieve great results with a proper checklist and guidance. This guide will help you organise your cleaning schedule for a successful house party.